28 March 2009

not enough knitting time!

I'm falling a bit behind in my schedule for palimpsest -- reached the halfway mark this morning instead of last night and am currently barely 1/3 through today's repeat ... and I need to go out soon to buy some protein for tonight's dinner -- probably snags from the supermarket, unless the butcher is really not busy

the chart keeper that jh made for me is helping (although not as effectively as Agnes' -- she's just speeding along with her projects!) but I need to figure out how to modify it so that I can use it while travelling on train/tram

meanwhile my queue just keeps getting longer, with my stash not far behind, and I think I will renege on my offer to knit Kim Hargreaves' Elizabeth for Clare -- maybe she'd like a nice lace scarf instead? or a Niobe in that Moda Vera Harmony that has too much brown in it for me?

and which of the exciting new yarns and patterns will I pick up when palimpsest is done (or even sooner)?
  • irtfa'a, with Mel's alpaca-silk
  • ishbel, with posh charlotte
  • maplewing, with one of Kim's whispers
  • boxleaf, with one of the Fleece Artist Cambyx
  • tiger eye, with posh helena (if Agnes manages to get me a skein)
and there are so many other projects I could start, not to mention the wips I've been neglecting -- my excuse is that most are at or near the stage where I need to do some major structural adjustment, including both socks wips ... except Veronique, but I don't like the circ I'm using for the sleeve, and need to find/buy another, preferably sooner than when Morris and Sons opens in Collins St

and yesterday I ordered Cookie A's book as well as the Estonian Lace book with Miralda, and downloaded the Aeolian shawl pattern that has so many posh people so excited ...

No comments:

Post a Comment