02 March 2009

plans for June and July

Mid-July: jh and I have been to the Bendigo wool show every other year or so -- we take the train on Sat morning, mooch around for the rest of the day (last time, we had to spend some time finding another place to stay, because the hostel manager had lost our booking), then go to the show on Sunday and return to Melbourne on Sunday night. This year, jh has to work on Sunday, so I'm making plans to go on my own -- just a day trip on Saturday: take the 8.15 to Bendigo, arriving 10.18, then catch bus #5 to the showground (much farther out than the one that Google Maps identifies as the Prince of Wales showground), spend several hours and even more $$ buying yarn, socks and other goodies, then back to Melbourne on the 5 or 6 something train. There's no reason jh couldn't do the same but probably better that he doesn't -- I won't be able to buy more than I can carry :-)

June-July? Oy-lene and her husband will be living in Spain from mid-May to mid-August -- something about having the airfare for specific dates, therefore locked in -- and will be doing house-exchanges in Malaga and elsewhere ... but Malaga is the longest arrangement, and the house is big enough to me to visit. I've asked Atish about possible conferences we might attend, in order to write off some of the airfare. If this looks like a go-er, I'll have to find out about special yarns to buy in Spain. jh isn't interested in going but Clare might be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment