it's getting to be a habit, and not only on Mondays ... otoh it keeps me out of other mischief and greatly reduces my spending on other indulgences ... and I'm losing weight (good!) -- I wore the Chitra skirt that was so hard to zip up when I bought it, and tucked in my top (admittedly skin-tight), and it was perfectly comfortable -- I ate lunch and a donut and had cake and coffee a couple of hours later
snicklefritz yarns are decidedly dearer than posh, at $39+ each including postage ... but Janelle has included a freebie that sounds like yarn, in a colorway that I'll like
1000 Petals has more fibre than yarn, the yarns are only US$18, and she follows the Etsy convention of $7 postage for the first item +$2 for each additional item ... but I found only two colorways that I really-really wanted
I've swatched twice for the goddessknits anniversary shawl, on 3.5mm and 3mm -- the cashmere yarn feels like thick cotton thread but blooms after blocking into a soft light fabric, with much smaller holes than when I pinned it out; oddly, the 3mm swatch has holes the same size as the 3.5mm swatch -- it still felt a bit coarse, so I soaked it again, for longer
Oh Canada is knitting up quickly, and I almost have the pattern memorised, but Irtfa'a is languishing a bit, as I haven't had much knitting-at-home time ... although when I do work on it, the knitting seems to go faster now that I've moved it to the stainless steel Hiyahiya circs
Yarn-overs on double pointed needles A "yarn-over-izing" trick for lace
knitting
-
A recent e-mail asked how to deal with leading or trailing yarn-overs
(YO's) when starting lace projects on double-pointed needles(dpn's). The
problem: a Y...
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment