another large lace project and – oh dear – it needs yet another yarn purchase :-)
I joined goddessknits’ anniversary mystery shawl group – it will be a huge Faroese and the "pattern" calls for 1900 yds of quite fine solid-color laceweight but the only stash I have that would suit is undyed cashmere-silk, which I don’t think would hold my interest for 1900 yds of knitting … so I shopped around and settled on some Purple Iris cashmere laceweight from Knitter's Addiction (arrived Tue 5 May) – very economical, only $56 including shipping -- for comparison, Mel's alpaca-silk for irtfa'a cost $55 and the cashmere has 50% more yardage (but Mel's yarn *is* custom handpainted)
Most of the other yarn options are either variegated or more expensive (and will take longer to arrive) or the online stores were too hard to browse and impossible to search, or as in the case of colourmart, I didn't see any of my colours. although I didn't look on southseas, as NZ$15 per shipment is a bit steep, esp when the actual postage is only $5-6 ... $9-10 for packaging and handling!?
I sent the link to Agnes and Jane, hoping they'll also join ... there are 28 Germans in the ravelry group (carried over from last year's KAL), almost as many as there are Brits
oh, and I bought another book of patterns -- Inspired to Knit -- and the VK quick reference (still waiting for these on Wed 6 May, with no reply to my emails to CanDoBooks)
both orders are from Australian companies (the books are from a shop in Brighton) so will hopefully arrive early next week
everything else has arrived, except the Hiyahiyas and Shibui yarns that I ordered from Loopy Ewe on Tue
No comments:
Post a Comment