but hats are on hold while I decide which Anne Hanson shawl to start -- the Fearless Fibers Majestic arrived yesterday, too! only 8 days after I ordered it, so I can start swatching for Palimpsest ... or should I start Veronique? or Satine (need to get needles)? actually, Palimpsest calls for 3.75mm, which I might have somewhere, embedded in a hibernating project, or I might need to get some ... bamboo, at the very least, if I can't find rosewood :-) -- although, since the Majestic colourway is rather dark, bamboo might be the better choice anyway.
as to the name, Anne says on her blog:
palimpsest refers to the faint tracings left behind when an image or written page is erased. this stole is inspired by winter architectures in nature—ghosts and skeletons of gardens past (which are really premonitions of gardens yet to come)which is a lovely thing to think about while knitting this, although it's still high summer now, and Melbourne winters aren't all that bleak, anyway ... maybe I'll save this until July, and take it to NZ to knit while gazing at Lake Tekapo ... (as if! ... sigh)
No comments:
Post a Comment