17 February 2009

it's raining yarn

hallelujah! the yarn fairy brought two parcels yesterday, probably at the end of his shift -- he waited for my partner to pedal up to our gate so he could hand them to him (the couriers usually come in the morning, leave the parcels on our veranda, and scurry away to keep to their schedule) and another today:

the (150g) Handmaiden Seasilk skeins from Colorsong / Bob and Nancy, who don't charge for shipping, saving me at least US$8.65 :-) -- here are Seashore and Renaissance:




and the SWTC yarns from ecoyarns -- Karaoke (full bag):



and a single Tofutsies:



And Melissa at strandedinoz is ready to ship the alpaca-silk and Nepalese skeins that she dyed (McLaren Vale colourway) for me over the weekend, so these might arrive by Friday:





ah, the luxury of having yarns custom-dyed -- Mel's given me a bit more than 150g of alpaca-silk, to make sure I have enough for Anne Hanson's irtfa'a, and also ensured there's enough Nepalese to make a large shawl (or airy shrug?)

today's harvest was Malabrigo laceweight and worsted from yarnandkisses (in Oz) -- only 6 days between order and delivery -- here are Alpine Pearl and Indigo:




The Alpine Pearl has more green than blue/lavender ... although in photos it looks like a reasonable match for stranding with Indigo, when I'm holding them side by side in my hands, I'm not so sure -- I'll just have to knit a swatch and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment