26 February 2009

wips

I have quite a few works in progress, not even counting the pre-ravelry ones, and several more that I want to "start", if only to see whether the yarn matches the pattern.


My current favourite -- the one I feel most compelled to pick up -- is this Nepalese Caricia: mainly because of the colours and the way the purple/rose tints emerge in the pattern, and because percentage-done increases rapidly after the first 4 or 5 repeats. After 3 repeats, I patted it with water and pinned it out to dry overnight, and it's very true that blocked lace provides enormous motivation to keep working on what would otherwise look like a lumpy blob. I'll try this with the Parisienne scarf, which has been hibernating for so long.

But first, I should block what I have of Palimpsest, to renew my enthusiasm for this intriguing pattern.

Then there are all the French Girl Knits wips and queued patterns:
  1. Veronique: lower part done; upper part slowly growing to match
  2. Viola: main body nearly done -- at the stage where it needs frequent try-ons to make sure it doesn't get too long
  3. Satine: frogged back to row 3 to fix a missed k2tog in row 5, and now back to where I was; this is a lovely smooshy piece but the 9mm needles are a blessing and a curse -- wonderful that they make the fabric grow so fast but unwieldy all the same
And there are two Tofutsies socks on the go:
  1. Bandstand: pre-Caricia, sock #2 was being carried around for train/tram knitting -- it's about halfway to the heel
  2. Blackberry: sock #1 is at the heel stage, hence staying at home near its pattern sheet
And I'm resisting the urge to swatch or cast on:
  1. Stella: actually, I have started a sleeve with Soft Haze stranded with Studio but it's too thick and I'm thinking of trying the Soft Haze on its own
  2. Louisa or Niobe, with Harmony
  3. Swallowtail, with strandedinoz's Queen Anne's Garden mohair
  4. everything else that I have yarn and patterns for
I'm wondering about repurposing the Tiger Eyes lace pattern in a tunic, perhaps based on Satine or Louisa.

And semester starts next week, and I'm not really ready :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment