I discovered a thread in the Posh Knitters forum, called Hansonalong, where people post about their knitspot FOs -- like other FO threads in this group, it doesn't matter whether you used Posh Yarn or not
so someone posted a photo of her Oh Canada scarf/shawl, which showed the pattern much more clearly than the pics of the one that was made to replace Kim's stolen shawl -- I'd assumed the pattern was just maple leaves but it's actually flying geese and cattails, and looks like it will be fun to knit (although the pattern calls for grafting the two halves together -- erk -- I might see if I can do an alternative version, with PCO and knitting out from the centre, although this would make the geese and cattails point the other way ... or I could do as some others did, and knit the whole thing in one direction, on the premise that one end will get flung back over a shoulder
the petite shawl size calls for 700 yds of sport wt: I could use either Helena Tosca (fingering wt) or Cambyx Victoria (sport wt) ... I think Tosca is too dark for the spirit of the pattern; Victoria is not ideal (I would prefer more greys and blues) but at least it's kind of a maple leaf colourway ... or I could buy some roses 'n' thyme from Catherine :-) -- maybe there are pink cattails?
Yarn-overs on double pointed needles A "yarn-over-izing" trick for lace
knitting
-
A recent e-mail asked how to deal with leading or trailing yarn-overs
(YO's) when starting lace projects on double-pointed needles(dpn's). The
problem: a Y...
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment