on each of the past two Mondays I spent $150 or more on yarns and associated items ... and I think I bought some more in between, as well
so what am I expecting in the (parcel) post: ALL ARRIVED
- arr Wed 22 Apr: baltic sea stole and feathers shawl patterns from ebay
- arr Wed 22 Apr: harmony points and cable and fiberworks 2-ply merino sarsparilla from yarnsonline
- arr Fri 24 Apr: shipped Tue 21 Apr: sock yarns and hiyahiya 2.75mm bamboo circs from needlefood (NZ)
- arr Mon 27 Apr; shipped 20/21 Apr? handmaiden lace silk stardust from knitty noddy (OR) -- Firmaments or something equally spectacular?
- arr Mon 27 Apr; shipped Tue 21 Apr: seasilk stardust and mini maiden vintage from colorsong (OR) -- destined for Trevi and Caricia respectively
- arr Mon 27 Apr; shipped Tue 21 Apr: seasilk stardust and mini maiden vintage from colorsong (OR) -- destined for Trevi and Caricia respectively
- arr Tue 28 Apr; shipped Tue 21 Apr: posh charlotte 4-ply cad (UK) -- Tiger Eyes, I think?
- arr Wed 29 Apr; shipped Tue 21 Apr? posh miranda merry from jammam's stash (UK) -- colours are similar to splendid but a bit muted, and the yarn is very fine ... perhaps I'll make In the Woods with it?
- arr Wed 29 Apr; shipped Fri 24 Apr: GGH DK silk burgundy from southseas (NZ) -- postage was NZD6.21 (quite a bit less than the 15 she charges!)
- arr Wed 29 Apr; shipped Tue 21 Apr? posh miranda merry from jammam's stash (UK) -- colours are similar to splendid but a bit muted, and the yarn is very fine ... perhaps I'll make In the Woods with it?
- arr Wed 29 Apr; shipped Fri 24 Apr: GGH DK silk burgundy from southseas (NZ) -- postage was NZD6.21 (quite a bit less than the 15 she charges!)
- arrived Thu 30 Apr; shipped Tue 14 Apr (according to forum, yarnandfiber delivery time can be 2-3 weeks): Schaefer Andrea Indira and Mtn Colors Winter Lace red willow from yarnandfiber (NH)
- arrived Thu 30 Apr; shipped Mon 27 Apr: Lantern Moon circs and natural-dyed cashmere from southseas (NZ) -- postage was NZD5.__
- arrived Thu 30 Apr; shipped Mon 27 Apr? Jo Sharp Silk Road DK Tweed from yayforyarns (QLD?)
- arrived Thu 30 Apr; shipped Mon 27 Apr: Lantern Moon circs and natural-dyed cashmere from southseas (NZ) -- postage was NZD5.__
- arrived Thu 30 Apr; shipped Mon 27 Apr? Jo Sharp Silk Road DK Tweed from yayforyarns (QLD?)
and sooner or later ecoyarns will notify me of the Habu yarns that I ordered, back in Jan
- arr Mon 4 May; shipped Tue 28 Apr: Shibui sock yarns, Hiyahiya needles from theloopyewe (MO) -- $9 shipping, not $20 x 2 -- see actual payment collected via paypal
and I'm seriously considering ordering a lotus and/or peacock feather kit from fiddlesticks
and the GGH silk is intended for Annie Modesitt's lace corset pattern (although there doesn't appear to be enough of it?)
I need to spend more time knitting and less time shopping
otoh I think I'm spending less on other things that used to soak up my disposable income, esp eating out and ready-made clothes ... although I did spend the Challenger dividend on a lace vest from Chitra's -- something I couldn't fit into several months ago, I can actually button now and if I lose a bit more weight it will look quite good ... or I could wear a tight singlet under it, as a sort of sausage casing
No comments:
Post a Comment