yay! I finished palimpsest and bound off -- I will soak and block on Thursday ... jh will have left for Leon's Gippsland ride, so I can use his side of the bed and it won't matter if it takes more than a day to dry :-)
note: I should measure it before blocking
what shall I work on next? with several days at home coming up, I'll be able to make some progress on Viola and Satine, maybe Veronique and one or both socks, and perhaps cast on Ishbel and/or Irtfa'a ... or at least wind the skeins into balls, and practise some of Irtfa'a's lace patterns. I think it will be safe to work on both shawls, as Ishbel starts with a fair bit of stockinette, and then its lace pattern is not very complex ... Ishbel will be a suitable SnB project, too
I'll try to determine my ideal garment lengths (from Mother-Daughter Knits), or at least figure out where the lower edges of Viola and Satine should be on my body, e.g., 31.5" from the floor for Viola
Yarn-overs on double pointed needles A "yarn-over-izing" trick for lace
knitting
-
A recent e-mail asked how to deal with leading or trailing yarn-overs
(YO's) when starting lace projects on double-pointed needles(dpn's). The
problem: a Y...
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment