30 January 2009

the less-hot change

can't really call it a "cool" change when the temperature's still 30+ degrees ... it went through Geelong and environs a while ago but hasn't yet reached Melbourne :-(

so I'll stay here in my nice cool office and continue knitting Aurelia's dress -- the skirt is finished and the next round decreases to half the stitches, and onto needles one size smaller ... but my Kollage square circs are all 32" long (the dress bodice is only 20") so I'll try pulling the excess cable out between stitches (Kollage cables are very flexible) but if I get tired of this, I might have to switch to non-square needles ... but then I might need to go down two sizes -- I'd forgotten that Kollage advise using needles one size larger than the pattern suggests, to get gauge.

OTOH there are only a few rows of bodice before the work splits into front and back, and they're only short rows ...

4:35 pm update: here it comes! down to 37 degrees and (hopefully) falling!

No comments:

Post a Comment