18 January 2009

break's over, back on your heads!

I go back to work tomorrow, such as it is ... I've been keeping an eye on email activity and it seems most people are still away, although that hasn't stopped the people who are working from sending out numerous notifications of deadlines -- I should have chosen my sessional staff by last Friday, and my supp exam paper is due this Wednesday ...

And I still haven't prepared the documents to send to my tax agent, for my 2007-8 tax return!

what I have been doing is spending a lot of time on Ravelry :-) -- friending people (esp people in Australia, esp in Melbourne), joining groups from their group lists, adding patterns to my queue (trawled through 23 pages of Drop Designs -- only 73 to go, but I was finding fewer and fewer patterns of interest, so maybe I'll just wait for them to finish translating this season's patterns), and adding projects -- need to get the photo from jh of pokemon modelling Aurelia's capelet and hat ... I actually kept myself awake last night, thinking about the finished and unfinished projects that I could/should add! I posted something about Sally Melville's new book but noticed this morning that the other postings about this are in the "my website" thread. I answered a couple of questions -- one about the not-knit-round shawl and another about psso. And I PMed Emma, asking to buy her 2 skeins of Rare Yarns Fire -- could be just the thing to make the Drop house slippers -- I remember how nice it was to work with this yarn when I made Clare's Einstein Coat. Not that I really need more yarn ... I poked around in my stash drawer and cupboard, wondering where various balls of yarn have gone, and re-discovering yarn that I'd forgotten about ... which is why I really need to get them listed in Ravelry -- then I can try to start matching them with queued patterns, and make a shopping list of [types of] yarns that I should look for -- and not just keep buying a bit (or a lot!) of this and that, on impulse!

Note: many people who post in the forums use ETA in a way that's sort of, but not quite, like BTW -- will need to find the right place to ask what this means ...

2 comments: